- This event has passed.
Climate change education for social transformation | UNESCO Event Series | #3 Education for post-carbon green economies
June 28, 2022 @ 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm UTC+2
On the 28th of June 2022, Hot or Cool Institute, together with Policy Lead, Magnus Bengtsson, joined the webinar #3 Education for post-carbon green economies, the third event of the new series of monthly conversations on climate change education for social transformation.
UNESCO-UNFCCC’s Webinar Series consists of 8 webinars for this season, one on the last Tuesday of every month from April to November, on the road to COP27 to be held in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt from 7 to 18 November 2022.
This event delved into what needs to be integrated into educational policies and curricula to help accelerate the transition to alternative sustainable economic models and promote individual sustainable lifestyles.
The session addressed the following questions:
• What is the role of climate change education to promote the transition towards a postcarbon green economy?
• How can climate change education foster a 1.5-degree lifestyle?
Have you missed it? You can now watch the webinar here.
Moderator -Grace Lung, Senior Manager of Partnership Programme, WorldSkills International
- Ms Ayisha Siddiqa, Co-founder of Polluters out and Fossil Free University, Pakistan
- Ms Alejandra Kopaitic Aguirre, Climate Activist and co-founder of @vayaconsumismo, Chile
- Mr Magnus Bengtsson, Policy Lead, Hot or Cool Institute
- Ms Pauline Karigambe, Director Vocational Training and Skills Development, Ministry of Youth, Sport, Arts and Recreation, Zimbabwe