The Hot or Cool Institute is a non-profit think tank that works with experts, organisations, and practice communities on science-based actions to address the magnitude, urgency, and scope of peaceful and deliberate transition towards a sustainable society. Through collaborative methods Hot or Cool:
- Conducts policy research and analysis to establish science-based approaches to behaviour change and sustainable lifestyles
- Coordinates science-communications and outreach to make complex sustainability issues accessible
- Facilitates co-creation of solutions backed by researched understanding and experience
- Designs capacity development for implementation and tools for action at individual, business and government levels.
We are looking for a working student to support the communications work at Hot or Cool. The Communications Assistant will have the opportunity to engage in various projects focusing on the role of sustainable lifestyles in tackling the climate crisis, and to build and strengthen their communications skills.
The working student will have access to the extensive network of leading organizations and experts which regularly work with Hot or Cool, and will have the opportunity to further their personal and professional development.
Tasks and responsibilities
Under the supervision and guidance of the Engagement and Communications Lead, the working student will perform the following tasks:
- Develop social media content and campaigns on sustainable lifestyles and key climate and sustainability topics
- Support the development of web content that features Hot or Cool’s projects and programmes
- Lead on management of social media and website posting and updates
- Engage in strategic content planning to promote the unique value of Hot or Cool’s work
- Develop and support others in developing blogs, news articles, press releases and other written content
- Support organisation of events
- Strengthen stakeholder engagement by supporting the development of contact and process management systems
- Support the development and maintenance of organizational communications tools and infrastructure
- Currently enrolled as a bachelor or master student in Germany in a field related to Social Sciences, Environmental Sciences, or Communications
- Excellent writing skills and superior command of the English language
- Ability to communicate key messages and findings in creative and effective ways to different stakeholder groups
Desired Skills and Competences
- Strong interest in sustainability science and sustainable societies
- Experience in managing organizational social media accounts
- Experience using design tools such as Canva or similar
- Experience with WordPress or similar content management systems
- A passion for clear and impactful communications, and strong organizational skills to deliver those communications
Are you ready to join a team of highly ambitious individuals working together to ensure a sustainable future for people and the planet?
At Hot or Cool, we strive to be the workplace of the future, to offer a sustainable and regenerative work environment. Applicants can indicate the type of flexibility in working arrangements needed to optimise their productivity and wellbeing.
This position includes 20 working hours per week. Applicants must be based in Germany, preferably in Berlin. The position may involve working from home, with regular online communication.