Hot or Cool Institute is a non-profit think tank that works with experts, organisations, and practice communities on science-based actions to address the magnitude, urgency and scope of peaceful and deliberate transition to a sustainable society. Through a collaborative and impact-focused approach it:
- Conducts policy research and analysis to ground scientific knowledge to behaviour change and sustainable lifestyles
- Coordinates science-communication and outreach to make complex sustainability issues accessible to the public and across stakeholders
- Facilitates co-creation of solutions backed by science and practical experience
- Designs capacity development for implementation and tools for action at individual, business and government levels.
The organisation is now looking for an Engagement and Communications Manager to take over and implement its global communications strategy and direct engagement and communication activities.
Desired start date is May 2022.
- Manage outreach and engagement strategy and operational plan for advancing knowledge and action on sustainable societies
- Coordinate and work with policy makers, partner organisations and communities to engage them in shifting towards 1.5-degree lifestyles
- Lead engagement and communication activities as part of the EU Horizon 2020 project on mainstreaming 1.5° Lifestyles
- Identify media opportunities, outreach channels, partnerships and materials needed to realise the strategy, and organize delivery
- Work with technical and creative teams to develop relevant material and tools for communications and outreach
- Work with global and national partners, in developed and developing countries, to ensure implementation of effective outreach and communications campaigns
- Work with partners to ensure the delivery of key engagement events and communications deliverables across several additional projects
- 5 or more years of documented experience working on communications and engagement
- Familiarity with sustainability discourse, including societal implications of climate change, resource scarcity and biodiversity loss
- Academic degree in a related field
Demonstrated Skills and Competences:
- Demonstrated understanding of sustainability and scientific research on sustainable research
- Experience in communication and outreach to policymakers
- Experience in organizing and leading multi-stakeholder events
- Experience in the use of online engagement tools, such as co-creation, collaborative learning, and gamification tools
- Ability to illustrate and communicate key messages and research findings in creative and effective ways
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English, as well as proficiency working with digital tools, social and new media
- Experience in managing editorial and publication processes
- Experience in working in an international and multicultural environment or campaign
- Ability to work alone and in teams, decision-making and problem-solving, innovation and creativity
Please note that this is not a social media manager but a content-driven, active and engaging role across different channels!
At Hot or Cool, we strive to be the workplace of the future, to offer a sustainable and regenerative work environment. Applicants can indicate the type of flexibility in working arrangements needed to optimise their productivity and wellbeing. Position involves a combination of work from office and home, with regular online communication.
This is a full-time position. There is a three-month probation period.
Applicants must be based in Germany, or willing to relocate. Applicants based in Berlin are preferred.