Hot or Cool Institute is a non-profit think tank that works with experts, organisations, and practice communities on science-based actions to address the magnitude, urgency, and scope of peaceful and deliberate transition towards a sustainable society. Through collaborative methods Hot or Cool:
- Conducts policy research and analysis to establish science-based approaches to behaviour change and sustainable lifestyles
- Coordinates science-communications and outreach to make complex sustainability issues accessible
- Facilitates co-creation of solutions backed by researched understanding and experience
- Designs capacity development for implementation and tools for action at individual, business and government levels.
We are looking for an intern that will work closely with a small team with high ambitions. With the support from other team members, the intern will work on several projects, assisting with research as well as take part of the development and implementation of communication initiatives. The internship offers opportunities for practical applications of the theoretical knowledge obtained during the course of studies, and it is meant to provide the intern with the tools for working in a non-profit organisation and on topics related to sustainable societies and the environment.
The intern will have access to the extensive network of leading organizations and experts which regularly work with Hot or Cool, and will have the opportunity to expand their range of future career options and personal development skills.
Tasks and responsibilities
Under the supervision and guidance from the organisation the intern takes part in the following tasks:
- Support research on lifestyles, policy and sustainability
- Identify and support development of case studies on transition to sustainable society
- Support communication and stakeholder engagement
- Collect data on trends and patterns related to resource use, biodiversity, waste, and climate change
- Support organisation of events
- In the final year of bachelor’s studies or above in a field related to Social Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Communications
- Excellent reading and writing skills in English
- Ability to undertake systematic literature and policy reviews, and to collect and analyse data
- Strong interpersonal skills working in a multicultural environment, as well as be able to work in teams and individually.
At Hot or Cool, we strive to be the workplace of the future, to offer a sustainable and regenerative work environment. Thus, working conditions are optimised for productivity, meaningful project outcomes and the wellbeing of the intern. The position involves a substantial amount of work from home, and regular online communication.
The duration of the internship is minimum 3 months. Remuneration is based on experience.